Dry skin brushing is a great way to invigorate your skin and entire being. It feels wonderful and is a great energizer to start your day. You use a gentle natural bristle brush on dry skin before you shower. Below are some benefits and an easy routine you can use.
Dry skin brushing has lots of benefits.
Here are a few:
- aids in eliminating dead skin cells
- increases circulation
- invigorates the body
- it’s simple to do and feels good!
Here’s a few tips:
- use light pressure
- get a good natural bristle dry skin brush
- go from shoulders to feet or feet to shoulders (avoid face)
- brush before you shower on dry skin
- brush towards the heart
- wash your brush each time you use it with warm water and a mild soap
- check with your physician if you have any medical conditions or concerns prior to dry skin brushing
- avoid sensitive areas and broken skin
And here’s a simple dry skin brushing routine:
- brush bottoms and tops of feet in circular motions
- brush up each leg one at a time
- brush top and bottoms of hands
- brush up each arm
- brush your back, abdomen (I brush in clock-wise, circular direction here) and shoulders
- take a nice warm shower
- end with a cool rinse if you desire
- use a natural body oil to massage on your wet skin before patting dry to lock in moisture and finish off your dry brushing routine
- stand for a moment and just feel how good you feel and enjoy!
- sometimes I even add a drop of Lavender to my brush before I start my dry brush routine – this totally enhances the experience!
That’s all there is to it. Once you get the hang of it, it doesn’t take long to do at all. You can use it as an Awareness Practice by being very mindful as you move through each body part……a perfect way to bring you into the present moment and relieve stress and anxiety! Enjoy!
Have you ever tried dry skin brushing?