Welcome to WHAT’S YOUR MUD?!
Hola! I am so glad you stopped by.
I have a ginormous mission! That mission is to help as many people as I can who have been wanting to try yoga, try yoga.
This ginormous mission has an underlying plan…….and that plan is to make yoga simple, short (no more, ‘I-don’t-have-time’, excuses!) and accessible.
Eventually I’ll also have some longer yoga practices as I know you’ll get so hooked and feel so amazing that you’ll actually make time to do yoga! woot!
What I do.
I’m your de-mudifiying guide and certified yoga teacher.
I’m also a nature-lover, photo-taker, chakra-junkie, health-nut, information-seeker, Ayurveda aficionado, crystal collector, extreme animal lover and peace-lovin’ creator…..and I totally love the beach!
As you can see, I really dig a lot of things…….I like to call it eclectic :).
Why I do what I do.
I would love for you to truly feel at peace (aka, feel deep satisfaction in life).
Peace is always inside you, at your core. But what happens throughout life is that layers and layers of mind-stuff get draped over, making that light of peace dimmer and dimmer until you can’t see or feel it anymore – it feels like you’re in the dark and disconnected from everything, including yourself. You can’t remember what lights you up and you don’t feel like yourself anymore. You think you need to find peace ‘out there’, but it’s actually already inside you. What you need to do is to connect back within, unravel those layers (part of the mud) slowly and mindfully so you can begin to see the light of peace again that has always been there…..I call this the de-mudification process.
That’s what yoga does – it helps you unravel those layers and begin the climb out of the mud one footprint at a time.
And this mind-stuff – our opinions, beliefs, habitual patterns, ideals (aka, conditioning) is also what stops us from trying yoga.
Well I’m going to debunk yoga for you so much that you realize you have no reason not to try it. I do this in my What’s Yoga?, Why Yoga? webinar which included my 20 Crazy Important Helpful Hints you need to know so you feel really confident walking into that first yoga class! (and it’s free!).
But getting back to this mind-stuff……it prevents you from being ok with who you are and from loving who you are, with all your quirks and idiosyncrasies. This is the stuff that accumulates into layers of mud.
My main mud is anxiety. I’ve been on a long anxiety-busting journey (20+ years) and the steady, consistent friend that’s been by me the whole time has been, and still is, yoga.
I started practicing yoga in 1999. When I researched anxiety and read up on it, the three tools that I tried, and still use to this day, are yoga, meditation and aromatherapy.
I’ve thought about becoming a yoga teacher throughout the years but it just never seemed to work out. But in the summer of 2014, life had other plans for me as a whisper landed in my brain in July that year, ‘maybe you want to be a yoga teacher?!’ After that whisper, my husband and I googled ‘yoga teacher trainings in NJ’ and low and behold there was one starting at a yoga studio 12 minutes away from me! It was a YogaWorks teacher training – I went to the Q&A and signed up that day!
Stay open, because you just never know what Life has in store for you :).
Where to start.
Join me at the Inner Peace Hut.
The Inner Peace Hut is a place for you to restore your energy, receive moments of relaxation + bust through your mud! (I’m so excited for you!)
By registering as a member, you can gain access to free resources I’ve created, including free access to the Anxiety-Busting Video Summit, the Anxiety Relief Toolkit, the Meditation Room, the Yoga Tepee and more.
As a member of the hut, if you choose, you’ll also receive a **special delivery of yoga insights & de-mudifying tips just for you right to your inbox a couple times a month.
Join me and a growing community at the Inner Peace Hut here. Click here to learn more & gain free access.
My own, unique, personal Mud Story
One night I was studying at the library at the college I was attending. I remember my roommate, once she found me, telling me to come outside because she had to talk to me.
We went outside, and I could see the distress on her face as she struggled to tell me, what would be one of the first big moments of impact on my life, that my dad was in the hospital in a coma, and I had to go there right away.
I remember that it felt like time stood still. I felt all the color of my life drain out of me and all around me – life felt black and white – lifeless for the first time ever for me.
My roommate, who I’ve known since first grade, drove me to the hospital. It was a long 2 1/2 hour, mostly silent ride, as I contemplated what I would see when I got to the hospital.
I walked into the hospital where one of my sisters was waiting for me. I asked her how he was doing. She said, not good.
So we solemnly made our way up to the floor where my dad was.
That night and next day was the longest 24 hours of my life.
My family and I pacing around, popping in and out of my dad’s room, trying to find out answers from the doctor.
And then it came time for me to say good-bye. My mom walked with me into the room, and I kissed my dad on the cheek for the very last time, and said good-bye.
My brother, and his wife at the time, stayed with my dad until he took his last breath. I know that was so hard for them, but I am so grateful that they did.
I was numb…..kinda zombie-like…..
That moment of impact was an event that changed my life forever – and I was never the same person after that.
Then 7 years and 2 big life events later, (graduating college & getting married – the two things my dad always told me he couldn’t wait to be a part of), I experienced my next big moment of impact – my first life-altering panic attack. It hit me like a raging tsunami.
Life, once again, was never the same.
That first panic attack happened to me in the spring of 1994 and is what catapulted me onto a long healing journey.
I call it my deep dive into the de-mudification process.
And now I’m here, on the other side of anxiety. On a side that is filled with more peace and freedom than I have ever experienced in my life.
Anxiety has been a huge gift and blessing in my life – something I thought I could never say – especially when I was in the deep dark trenches of its grip, way deep down in the dark layers of the mud. But now that’s how I feel. And I also have a huge amount of gratitude for my dad for the huge gift of awakening that he has given to me.
Now, it’s my passion to share that gift and that’s my huge WHY behind what I do.
Ok, enough of the serious stuff (but I did want to share my story with you so you now how I got here). Let me share some fun (maybe even weird – I like being weird!) stuff about me:
drool overlove notepads and pens, art supplies, journals, books, (I think I’m a little addicted to those things)
- Coffee or Tea? I’m a tea girl – mainly drink herbal concoctions & jasmine green tea. I drink coffee as an occasional treat – especially when I head to the beach and pass The Rook on the way.
- If you tell me a secret, do I keep it? Heck yeah – you can count on me – my lips are sealed! (Integrity is high on my values list)
- Dig Zen? Yes Dig Native? Yes I’m kind of a mix…….you can call me a beach-lovin’ Native Zen Creative :)
- What’s in my room? Lots of books, notepads, journals, pens (didn’t I tell you!), a buddha, ganesha, lots of crystals, a mini gong, yoga mat, meditation cushion, essential oils, desk, peace sign, Om sign, feathers, medicine wheel, an assortment of dream catchers, sun-catchers, zen lamps, lotus rug, tuning forks, hand chimes, singing bowl, wooden native flute, native drum, a Hapi drum (ok, maybe I’m addicted to sound healing too!), lotus candle holder, chakra flags, chimes and some mementos I love.
- What my dosha? Kapha-Pitta
- What’s a fun day for me? Early walk at the beach then sitting quietly listening to the ocean and then journaling, walk with my pup & hubby, dance, practice yoga, do a little native-flute playing & drumming, read, create on computer, sit outside, run around with the pup, guide crusaders to create some serious, and totally awesome, shifts, eat good, healthy food, chat with mom, take a ride with hubby, create more on computer, read more, watch a good show or movie, then sink cozily into bed while listening to a guided meditation or relaxing music or sometimes the rustling of the trees outside……..ahhh, great day!
- A funny ritual: I hit a little mini gong and singing bowl that are on my bookshelf every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed……..yay for sound healing vibrations!
- Any phobias? Yes…..I don’t like shower drains…….my feet have never touched one and if I can help it, they never will! lol
- Favorite movies: The Notebook, The Vow, Remember the Titans, The Last Samuri, August Rush, Dances with Wolves, The Ugly Truth, Field of Dreams, Shawshank Redemption, The Intouchables, Regarding Henry – I’m sure there’s more…..I LOVE movies……..especially those that are true stories………..and those that have deep messages.
What makes my heart ache? My heart aches for any sentient being who is suffering in any way, shape or form.
What cracks my heart wide open? Any compassionate act toward another being. Animals who need help. Seriously, that’s why I donate part of my earnings to organizations that are doing amazing work for amazing causes. And I hope to help more and more.
A more ‘formal’ Bio:
I graduated from The University of Delaware with a B.S. degree in Fashion Merchandising. I worked in that industry for 3 years and then went to school at The Learning Institute of the Beauty Sciences and graduated as a Licensed Cosmetologist. I worked as a hairstylist for 20 years, with the last 7 of those years as a salon owner. I have also studied some holistic therapies which lead me to become a Certified Reflexologist, Aromatherapy Consultant, Reiki Level 3 Practitioner and Acutonics Level 2 Practitioner. I am also a Certified Professional Coach, and RYT 500-hr Certified Yoga Teacher through YogaWorks.
Are you ready to experience a little relaxation + de-mudification now?
Then join me at the Inner Peace Hut and Yoga & Meditation Tepee where you can gain access to some of the de-mudifying resources I created.
Click here to learn about The Hut.
So that’s a whole lot about me. I’d love to hear about you. Go here to find the contact form and tell me a little bit about you and what brought you here.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. ~Gandhi
What you believe, you’ll receive, until you choose to create something else. ~ gina rafkind
Certified Yoga Teacher, RYT 500
Founder of What’s Your Mud?, & De-Mudifying Guide
- Your information is totally private – I will never share, rent or sell your information. If you sign up for my Muddy News email letter, you can unsubscribe from it anytime you’d like by hitting the unsubscribe link which is at the bottom of every one I send out.
- The content on this site is for informational purposes only. Consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any new health regimen, exercise program or diet. The information on this site is not a substitute for medical advice or prescriptions. Consult your healthcare practitioner before using any essential oils.
What’s Your Mud?
– boundless growth through yoga
WHAT’S YOUR MUD LLC